UT Faculty Senate Charge to the Research Council
- Improve operations of the Office of Research through consultations with
Arlene Garrison and Billie Collier.
- Work to create a Humanities Staff specialist in the Office of Research
- Work to foster UT compliance with OMB regulations regarding faculty
release time on funded projects.
- Help to make IRIS better serve Principal Investigators.
- Explore the potential of allowing Research and Non-Tenure Track Faculty
to be eligible for EPPE-SARIF Funds
- Include regular reports from Fred Tompkins regarding the UT Research
- Include periodic reports from Gretchen Whitney on the IT Advisory
- Strengthen the sub-committee addressing the evaluation of Research
- Review criteria for SARIF funds.
- Ensure that language on SARIF and EPPE webpages is consistent; design
grid that sets criteria for both programs side by side.